Muir DFF08 Free Fall Drum Winch
Muir DFF10 Free Fall Drum Winch
DFF08 and DFF10 Free Fall
All Muir Free Falling Drum Winches are supplied with Circuit Breaker, Reversing Solenoid pack, Helm control Switch and Fascia Panels, plus, Simple tools & hardware for an easy 30 sec adjustment from Auto FreeFall; to Manual Free Fall and Power UP power DOWN options!
- Muir’s Patented Auto Free Fall,Power Up & Power Down, or Manual Release Free Fall are all available to you on the 1 unit!
- Mechanical Auto & Manual Release Free Fall means no troublesome Electronics.
- Compact Anchoring system to suit boats with little or no anchor rode storage.
- Designed and made in Australia.
- Drum-316 stainless Steel.
- 3 year limited warranty.
- Includes Solenoid, 100 amp circuit breaker and Up / Down Rocker switch.
- DFF08 suits craft up to 8-10metres.
- DFF10 suits craft up to 10-12metres.
- Fitting instructions included with full electrical wiring diagram.
- DFF08 - Drum capacity 120 metres of 6mm line or 80 metres of 8mm line plus 6 metres of 6mm chain. Max pull 180kg with empty drum @ 7 metres per / min thru to working load of 75kg and up to maximum drum capacity @ 33mtrs per / min.
- DFF08 - Motor 12 volt 600w.
- DFF10 - Drum capacity 100 metres of 8mm line or 80 metres of 10mm line or 6 metres of 8mm chain. Max pull 260kg with empty drum @ 8 metres per / min thru to working load of 75 kg and up to maximum drum capacity @ 33mtrs per / min.
- DFF10 - Motor 12 / 24volt 1000w.
Freefall drum winch answers industry callMuir Winches Australia has launched its latest product – an auto Free Fall drum winch – which will be released at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show in Queensland between 20th and 23rd May.
Designed and made in Australia (under Muir’s worldwide Free Fall patent), the new drum winch is suitable for boats up to 12 metres in length requiring a user-friendly drum winch system.
Managing Director John Muir said the new stainless steel Free Fall drum winch was unique as the auto Free Fall, power up / power down combined with manual release Free Fall were standard features.
"And its innovative drum brake prevents over run of the rode on to the drum during Free Fall,” he said.
"With the mechanical design Free Fall, there are no electronic components exposed to sea water that could fail.”
"In summary, it’s anchoring at the flick of a switch made easy, fast and reliable.”
Mr Muir said the winch was designed in answer to specific industry needs.
"We are very pleased with the result that follows an extensive research and development program,” he said.
"The new product range represents the very latest thinking and was the next logical step for us to take in relation to our drum winches.”
All Muir Free Fall drum winches are supplied with circuit breaker, reversing solenoid pack, helm control switch and fascia panels.
They also feature an easy 30 second adjustment from auto Free Fall to manual Free Fall and power up / power down options.
Backed by Muir's 3 year limited warranty